Joint Health & Safety Committees (school - site-based)
The Joint Health and Safety Committee is a committee composed of both staff and employer representatives. Its mandate is to work collaboratively to improve and/or to maintain high health and safety standards in the workplace. Members of the committee conduct site inspections, investigate complaints/concerns/critical injuries, receive reports relating to health and safety matters and make recommendations to the school administrators and/or the school board.
In this section, you will find some of the guidelines and rules that govern the business of the Joint Health and Safety Committees. Please note that further information, as well as e-forms and other resources, are available through the school board website (Staff Portal), under the Staff Safety and Joint Health and Safety Committee tabs.
- Government of Ontario - Guide for H&S Committees
- Ministry of Labour - H&S at Work
- OCSB Critical Injury Investigation Report Form
- OCSB Reporting Critical Injuries Fact Sheet
- OCSB Terms of Reference for School Site Joint H&S Committees
- OCSB Workplace Inspection Checklist - General School Site
- OCSB Workplace Inspection Form (general) 2018